Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Will I Ever get skinny enough to fit into a size 10????


All It Takes Is a Dream and a Goal!
 
When  I first wrote the title I wrote "you need a goal to work towards for when you get skinny" With all that Fawn has taught me I had to change it.  It is not a matter of getting skinny.  It is a matter of getting healthy.  There are a lot of unhealthy skinny people out there.  My brother Larry is using this program to get healthy and gain weight.  He has been plagued with rheumatoid arthritis for years.  Since he started on Fawn's eating plan he is feeling better than he ever has.  He is not hurting near as much, is able to walk upright, and last I heard he was going to be doing painting at church. It is working. You can be skinny and very unhealthy.  So I had to change the wording.....
Choose you this day whom you will serve.  As for me and my house.. We will serve the Lord!


Anyways,  I needed a goal.  My mom was soo excited about our weight loss.  She never told me how worried she was getting about our weight. I found out later from cousin after she passed away that that was constantly a prayer request.  We had gained so much and she knew it was not healthy for us.  She is my inspiration. She would be so excited as I would tell her what we were doing.  She was able to be  a part of the first three weeks of it.  She cheered us on through all of it!  The week before she died I shared with her my goal.  She had soo many beautiful dresses that she has worn all over the world on her trips, and her cruises.  I told her I wanted to find one that could be my goal dress (size 10-12).  I found a beautiful purple one.  I told her when we get skinny enough, Dave and I want to go on  a cruise and I will wear her dress. I had my daughter Becca put on the dress.  She went into mom and I told her, "I know you wont be here to see me get this small, but this is what I will look like one day!"  She looked at me with a big smile and said.."You can do it honey, I know you can!"  I cry as  I write those words. You see, for the past five years mom has said that to me soo many times.  Every time I struggle with something, I would go to my mom and hear those words,"you can do it honey!".  She was my biggest cheer leader in everything I did.  So, how can I stop, how can I get descouraged when I know that my mommy is up in heaven cheering me on.  She probably got a whole cheerleading squad up there!  Just for me.  Do I miss her terribly? You better believe it.  I mis her so much that it hurts, but every time I get desouraged I look at the beautiful purple dress hanging on the back of my door and I hear the words, "You can do it honey... I know you can!" 

This reminds me of my mom and I so different...but yet the same!  

Jesus says.."I have come to give you life!"  We need to live as each day is our last just like my mom did!

No comments:

Post a Comment