Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Can you loose weight when your heart is breaking??? We did!

Can You Lose Weight When Your Heart Is Breaking? I Did!
 
 
This last week has been one of the hardest in my life.  My mom has had pulmonary fibrosis for the past three years.  This last month she has gotten steadily worse. This last week she has gotten so bad hospice has had to be called in.  My mom is the only parent I have left. She lives twenty five minutes from me. She is my biggest cheerleader and my best friend. I call her (or she calls me) 1-4 times a day....just to share what is going on in my life and ask for her advice.  It is hard to imagine my life without her.  This week, as the doctor looked me in the eyes and told me there is nothing they can do for her, I had to start imagining my life without her. My heart is breaking.  Normally...I would run for my comfort foods...my sponge candy, my chocolate. I know I can not do that.  Mom was so excited to know that I am doing this "Life style change".

 Although it would be so easy to say, "I can't do this. It is to hard of a time. I just need a little comfort. I can start tomorrow..."  I know that I need to be strong for her and for my family, and for you!  I don't know how many are even reading this, but know that even when your heart is breaking and your life is falling apart, God will give you the strength to carry you through.  Normally I would have gained 5-7 pounds in a week like I have had this last week. I would have eaten everything in sight.  "Just to make me feel better!"  but instead I lost 3 pounds this week.  I almost cried when I saw it. I have now lost 25 pounds, since I joined Dave  and 15 since Fawn started working with us three weeks ago.  I can't wait to go tell my mommy!  Please pray that mom will be free from pain, soon and that she will not suffer long.  As much as I love to have her with me...my daddy has been building her a mansion for the past 16 years, and I am sure it is awesome!  She is ready to go see it and the God that she has served so faithfully her whole life!

So, my message to you all...yes, even when  your heart is breaking...you can be stead fast and continue to loose weight.  If I can do it when I am loosing my  mommy and my best friend....then so can you! You do not need to turn to food for your comfort. Choose to live life to its fullest!

No comments:

Post a Comment