Friday, September 10, 2010

Week three comes to an end. We lost weight even when we were sick and hurting!

Week Three Comes To an End.

As this week comes to an end I am just so tired.  I am tired emotionally...because of the pain of seeing mom go a little bit each day. I am also tired physically because I was up all night comforting her and had no sleep.  It seems trivial to talk about my weight when someone you love is dying...but it is necessary.  Mom wants us to keep going...She is so proud of what Dave and I are doing, and that Fawn is a part of it.  She tells everyone about it.    I asked her to pick a fancy dress of hers in size 12 that I can use as my inspiration to loose weight.  Dave and I want to go on a cruise when we reach our goal weight.  She has so many gorgeous clothes and was going through them and cleaning them out. She is cleaning out all of her closets.  It is sad to look through her clothes and  know she will probably never wear them again.  She loved to get dressed up!  Anyways...

We were able to loose weight this week...not as much as I would like- but we did lose. Normally I would eat everything in sight when I  go through times like this. Food is my comfort. Sweets are needed to make me feel better. Yet, I have done well. My biggest struggle was when we made perogi (mom's specialty) yesterday. We have had that many times as we went to mom's house.  I put some on my plate said I am going to eat this for mom.  I took one bite and realized I did not need to do that.  That was not for mom, it was for me. It was giving in to something I should not do.  I kept it on my plate but ate the food I was supposed to eat, and did not take another bite.  It was comfort just having it on my plate, without putting it in my mouth!!! I did it.

Set backs
*Dave was very sick all week an unable to exercise too much
*Kathleen was at her moms house taking care of her and surrounded by Yummy foods!

Good things that happened:
*We were able to stick with it even when we faced HUGE obstacles
*We were able to resist our favorite foods and our comfort foods.
*My new comfort food is fresh pineapple and low-fat cottage cheese...love it!
*We were able to stick to it even when we were separated!
*After we went out to eat we realized that was a waste of money our food is better!
*Even when he was sick (think bronchitis) Dave kept motivated!


Here are the stats:
Dave Starting weight-- 380
Dave's starting weight with fawn- 330
Dave's weight today- 307
Weight loss for the week- 2 pounds
Total weight loss with Fawn- 23 pounds
Total weight loss- 73 pounds!!!

Kathleen's Starting weight-- 270
Kathleen's starting weight with fawn-260
Kathleen's weight today-245
Weight loss for the week- 3 pounds
Total weight loss with Fawn- 15 pounds
Total weight loss-25 pounds!!! (THIS WAS MY FIRST WEIGHT GOAL!)

Total weight loss of Dave and Kathleen- 98 pounds! (almost 100) In 6 months
Total weight loss with fawn- 38 pounds! (in 3 weeks!)
Thank  you all for reading this.  Thank you for those sending me letters of encouragement. We treasure those and have made a page just to put them on!  I look at them when I get discouraged and say..."I can't let them down!"  You are important to us.  Some of you are our dear friends and family who follow just because you love  us....but some our people who have heard about us and want to see if they can do it too.  I know you can do it.  If Dave and I can do it...so can you! 
Love you all,
Dave and Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment