Tuesday, September 7, 2010

How could we have gotten this fat?????


How Could We Have Gotten This Fat?
 


         
                                                        



It has been 15 years since that first picture was taken.  I remember, because it was taken on the anniversary of my fathers death.  He died 16 years ago.  I did not want to put on my clown outfit...I was sad, not happy.  When I booked the photo shoot I did not think of the date.  That morning I did.  At least I always know when this picture was taken.  It has not been that long...but we are probably 100 pounds lighter in that picture.  How did it happen?  How could we have gone from so in shape to so overweight?  Why did it take this long to realize just how out of shape we are?

I have thought about that so much this week.  It happened slowly...first my accident, then house fire, then just too busy to fix good food.  It is so easy to do.  It is so easy to just go out and eat instead of eating at home.  Here are a couple of things I found are so important in order to do a life style change:

*Plan your days- be organized- have a definite goal for each day.
* Plan your  meals the night before or the morning of
* Look at your exercise as a job.  You would never think of not going to work.
*Schedule time for exercise, meals, and planning.
*Spend time with yourself and God each day- quiet time is so important.
* If you like to journal get one and start to write.  Then you can look back and see how far you have come.
*Get a friend to join your journey with you.  It is so much easier.  When you fall they can lift you up!
*Keep it up even when you do not feel like it
*When you goof up- just start again the next day!
*Believe you can do it!
As we are starting to notice changes in ourselves we can see that this is so much better for us. We are happier than we have been in a long time.  If we can do it so can you!

No comments:

Post a Comment