Saturday, December 4, 2010

Something is happening...I have been tucking in my shirts for the past week!!!

Something is Happening! I Have Been Tucking in my Shirts for the Past Week!

Unless you are fat, you wont have a clue to how huge this is!  Fat people cant tuck in shirts.  They have to wear the ones that go over the pants and hang down and hide their stomach.  Lately everything I try on seems huge!  It is good, because I can see progress, but it is frustrating, because I really do not have any money to buy new clothes.  BUT  lately I have noticed that I can tuck my shirts in and they actually look good.  My belly does not stick way out!  I can not remember the last time I have been able to do that. It was many years ago... It feels good to be able to do that again.

Maybe it is just me...although I have lost 50 pounds...many times I will look in the mirror and not see the change.  I will just see that fat person I used to be.  It is frustrating. I want to feel good about myself.  I know it is a lie of Satan...He wants me to feel defeated. I have to continually remind myself, "It is not how much weight I have lost, it is how my life has changed.". When those thoughts come I need to resist the Devil, submit to God, and He (Satan...the bad thoughts....) will flee from me.  I need to daily be renewing my mind.  I need to concentrate on my relationship with God, not my relationship with the scale.

Today I was helping Rachael with delivering her Penny Saver Newspapers ( I like to walk with her and get the exercise) I slipped on the ice and fell down hard.  I am hurting real bad right now.  Please pray that there is no permanent damage (I have a fused neck and herniated discs)  I think I will just need a trip to the chiropractor, but right now my right side is numb.  I do not want anything like this to hold me back.  Please pray for a quick recovery.  Thank you all for continually cheering  me on.  Your words of encouragement mean so much to me.  If you are reading from somewhere other than the US please know that I am so excited to have you read my blog (I like the US too, but I think it is cool that people from all over the world are reading my blog)  I would love for you to comment and tell me where you are from and how you heard about me. You, the people faithfully reading my blog, are the reason why I can say no to the chocolate bars, the doughnuts...and anything else I was eating before I changed my life.  You are very precious to me!  Thank you for your support.  Let me know who you are by sending me a comment!! Thanks

2 comments:

  1. You are right--the enemy will do everything he can to make us dislike ourselves. You are truly beautiful Kathleen--outwardly it's coming out more and more all the time--but inwardly you are a jewel and always have been. The light reflected just seems to be more evident. I love you and are praying that you are feeling better quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud to hear you say, "I can tuck in my shirt" I will pray for you and your neck. Please keep me updated with what's going on. Please be careful. You mean alot to alot of people!!

    ReplyDelete