Wednesday, December 29, 2010

New Years Resolution time....are you going to get healthy this year???

New Years Resolution Time.  Are You going to Get Healthy This Year?

Each year people wait until New Years for the time to change their life.  They make New Years Resolutions and keep them for a week or two, and then feel like a failure.  Why not get a head start on your New Years Resolution and start today taking steps to change your life.  If you are not a part of a gym....join one. If you don't have a support group to help you...find one. If you want to start eating healthy...Clean out your cupboards and empty all of the unhealthy food out.  If you want to start exercising...do it.  It only takes getting to a point in your life that you know you need to make a change.  You have to want it bad.  Don't do it for other people...do it for yourself. You deserve it.

Aug 2010 I looked in the mirror and was shocked.  I did not even recognize the person who looked back at me.  I was so covered with fat that I lost the person I was...almost.  It was that day that I realized I needed to make a change.  I needed to reach out to someone for help.  My life has never been the same since.  I was in size 24-26 clothes.  XXL were starting to get small on me.  I had to come to the point where I said,  "Enough is enough!"   If you are at that point...please realize that underneath all that fat and blubber is a beautiful person, just waiting to emerge.  You are being held hostage by your eating habits, and your fat.  I convinced myself that I was big boned and that it was the accident not the fat that was holding me back.  That I was getting older so I could not do as much as I had done in the past! STOP!!! STOP MAKING EXCUSES!  Look in the mirror and say, "I am fat, unhealthy and if I do not loose weight I will eventually eat myself to death!"  I know this sounds harsh...it is not meant to offend you.  It is meant to tell you that YOU CAN DO IT!  If  I can do it...then so can you!  I know you can.  My biggest excuse was: "I have lost weight before, and gained it all back. .I am not going through that again!"  I was too lazy and discouraged  to make a change for the better.  I really had lost all hope of ever getting skinny again.  It took coming to a that point for me to make the change.  I had to see that people really could loose weight and keep it off.  Once I saw that I saw hope!  I felt my hardened heart break and I said..."Lord help me!  I can't do it alone!"
I pray that this new year is one of change for each of you.  That if  you feel no hope...you will realize you can do it.  You are worth it. You are a Holy, Righteous Creation of Father God.  He wants you to be healthy, happy, and lead a blessed life.  You owe it to yourself to do it.

Here are a few steps that will help you:
1. Look in the mirror and see yourself for what you really are...over weight!
2. Look yourself in the eye and tell yourself..."I can do this!"
3.  Look at food shopping list and clean out kitchen of anything that is not on that list
4.  Fill your kitchen with healthy foods
5.  Start exercising daily. If you can afford a gym, join and go.  It has changed our life,  But if you can't afford a gym membership, remember Dave lost 50 pounds just doing exercises at home with things he found on freecycle!
6.  Keep track of your weight loss.  Blog, use a note book, or something to keep track of how you are doing.
7. Spend time with your father God who loves you so very much.  HE will be your encourager...
8.  Please let me know you are joining me on our journey...I would love to pray for you!
9.  Wait and see how much your life changes!

I hope this post shows you there is hope...you can do it!  We, Dave and I, have lost over 179 pounds in the last 10 months!  If we can do it...You can do it.  You will not believe the difference in your life. You will not believe how amazing it is to be able to use your body to get healthy the way it is designed!  I pray that this year will be the year that you will open up your eyes and decide enough is enough!  I know you can do it. I pray blessings upon you and your family this year.!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Kathleen! You are quite the inspirer and motivator. (You could have been a preacher!) Excellent, excellent post. If that doesn't move someone to begin their own journey, then I don't know what will!!

    ReplyDelete