Thursday, December 2, 2010

It is time to reach out...again....when will I learn that God's ways are best!

                                            It is Time to Reach out Again!

Sometimes there comes a time in your life when you say...OK God...what do you have planned now.  This week was one of those times.  I have wanted to host a weekly Bible study in my home for a while. When we switched churches...I thought, "Great, I can sign up for small group! I had it all planned out.  I filled out the paper and was about to put it in the collection plate when I felt God tell me to wait.  So I waited.  Then with all that happened with mom, I waited some more. Then I felt God leading me to start a Weight loss Bible study. See, God kept bringing all of these people into my life who needed help, and said they wanted to come to Bible study.  I was going to start it right away, but thought I had better wait till after thanksgiving. It was all set for today...I had about 5 people that were interested in coming...I was so nervous and excited at the same time.  One lady was a friend of my moms.  She was involved in Women's Aglo with her. I was excited because she told me she was definitely coming. So, I knew I would at least have one person. I put it into God's hands and told Him he was in charge.  When 9:00 came and no one was here, I was a little stressed. When 9:05 came and Jeanette came up the walk, I thanked the Lord.  I must tell you, God was in charge of this weight loss class.  We conected in a mighty way.  We talked, I showed her the website, talked some more, prayed and talked. It was 11:30 and we were still talking.  We had such a great time.  I must say God knew what each of us needed.  He knew I needed to talk about my mom and she needed to talk about the diet.  She was planning on going shopping when she left me.  Please keep Jeanette in your prayers as she starts this journey too.  It is exciting to think that God used me to work in her life.  I did not need a house full of people...I just needed one person who can pray with me and work with me.  God knows so much better than I do.

2 comments:

  1. God put the right person in your home this morning Kathleen. I love your heart. Remember he tell us to wait on Him and we will see marvelous things. This is just the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definately - He knows best!! I couldn't agree more. You are such a great coach - at first I wasn't sure if I could do all this. After I met you I knew I could. I'm sure this is how Jeannette feels now. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete