Monday, December 20, 2010

Cough, Cough, sniffle, sniffle, COUGH...

Cough, Cough, Sniffle, Sniffle...COUGH!
 
 
 That's been my story lately here in sunny Buffalo, NY. I've been battling a cold. It's slowed me down some. I had to take a couple of days off from my regular exercising routine. I did not think the others at the gym would appreciate me coughing and hacking all over them while they worked out. I've been weak and not feeling well this past week, so it's not been a real good time in general.
  
Today I plan on going back to the gym and working out. I really miss it. You'll find as your body gets use to your exercise routine that it will actually miss it. That's right your body likes to exercise. We were designed to be active. It's all the bad food choices and lack of exercise over the years that dulls us down so that were tired all the time...

I have been working out in my own way even though I've been sick. I have been shopping at the mall. I've been pushing and shoving in line, "self preservation" and lifting those heavy bags. It's been a really busy Holiday season for us. Many of you know that my wife and I are professional entertainers. We offer children's programming all over our area. We have been at a whole lot of Holiday parties this December. Even though I do not feel like it, I have been keeping active.

So, I encourage you to stick with the plan of getting into shape. It has helped me a whole lot during this sick spell I've been going through. Even though I'm not feeling great, I use to get a lot sicker when I was heavier and out of shape. Everything is harder when your body is not working at 100%. Eating the right foods and exercising helps your body in times of sickness. You're just that much stronger to fight it off. It's just one of the many benefits of taking care of yourself.

Well, I'll see you on the skinny side of life

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment