Saturday, February 5, 2011

Yesturday I looked in the mirror and saw someone I haven't seen in a long...long...time!

Today I Looked in the Mirror and Saw Someone I Have Not Seen For a Long Time.

Did you ever walk past a mirror and look quickly and not recognize the person in the mirror?  That has happened to me quite a few times since I started this journey.  If I look quick I expect to see the "BIG" Kathleen.  But yesterday I looked and I saw an old friend...that I had not seen in such a long time.  I looked, and looked again, because I saw a glimpse of the Kathleen I used to be.  I saw the younger, prettier, happier Kathleen of yesteryear.  I had to stop and look closer.  You know what, she did not disappear!  I look younger.  I look healthier....and I look happier, then I have in a long time. My face has lost most of the fat that made my face look "So Cute and Pudgy" as I used to tell my kids.  It now looks skinnier and fresher.  My eyes are not drooping the way they used to, longing for  a nap...They are alive and looking for the next adventure.  I am excited by the face in the mirror.  I remember when Dave got to this point, and thinking..." I will never get there!" And here I am!  I am so grateful that God brought Fawn and I together. That it happened when my mother could be there at the start of it to cheer me on.  I am also so thankful for all of you.  You have faithfully followed me, prayed for me, and encouraged me. I could not have done it without all of those things happening.  You are my inspiration...and I thank God each day I have you all in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment