Monday, February 7, 2011

Two people....whose lives were changed...two different ways.

Two People...Whose Lives Were Changed Two Different Ways!

This summer, before anything with Fawn started, I met a friend of my daughter's mom.  She said she wanted to loose weight.  We were going to get together and try to loose weight.  That was in July. As Summer came we both got busy and never got together. Then School started up.  I tried to get together.  She was too busy, so it never worked out.  There always seemed to be an excuse, and finally I stopped calling.  I saw her for the first time this last week....and thought "that could have been me".  That was me.   She has gained more weight and has grown at least a size since I last saw her.  She was shocked at how much weight I had lost...It hit me.  The outcome could have been so different.  It could have been me that had gained weight, and was like that.

We each have choices to make in life.  We each can choose to get healthy, or to continue on our path of self destruction. I was drowning in my fat.  I was unable to live life to the fullest.  I chose to make a change.  I chose to become a better person.  I chose to embrace life...What was the difference...I can not say.  I came to a point in my life when I said, "That is Enough!" (as my friend Bobby says!)  I thank God that I came to my senses before it was too late. 

I feel more alive now then I have in years.  I have more energy and life then ever before.  If you have not come to that point yet....think about it. It is worth every drop of sweat, every aching muscle, and every time you say you can't do it.  Your body was made to be worked and it is amazing to see it change.  God created us in His image...we just loose that image when we fill our body with junk, and cover it with layers of fat.  My heart hurts for my friend, as I see her struggle to walk...like I used to.  I know that if she would have made a different choice six months ago...she would be celebrating each day like I am.  I pray that soon she will come to the point in her life when she is ready to make a change...it is sure worth it!  I am forever a different person because I was willing to say..."I am ready to make a change!"

No comments:

Post a Comment