Monday, September 12, 2011

Ths time last year I still could hug my momma!

This Time Last Year I Could Still Hug My Momma!
 
 
This is a hard time of year for our family.  A year ago on the 14th of September, my mom went home to be with the Lord. I was so close to my mom.  I talked to her 1-4 times a day, and thought I could never live without her.  Well, a year has gone by.  Although we have a huge whole in our hearts, we have made it. As I reflect on all that has happened this last year, I cant help but say, "Mom would have loved to see what we have done..." Not just Dave and I personally, but my whole family.  We have all grown this year...My brothers and sisters and I  talk on the phone every two weeks- for over an hour.  At first it was just business, but it has become more then that. We have become so  much closer.  We share with each other our hopes, dreams, accomplishments, and failures. We laugh together, cry together, and pray for each other.  This was something good that came out of mom's leaving us.  We know she has no more sorrow, no more pain...but our hearts are heavy this week.  It is a week of remembering...the last month with mom, the last week with mom, the last days with mom, and the last hours with mom. She was an amazing lady, a Godly lady. As I told my children, she was the real deal.  She loved God with her whole heart.  She lived each day to the fullest. 

That is what we need to do. We do not know how much time we have on this earth.  We need to dream big...and accomplish those dreams.  It is possible.  I look back at the pictures of Dave and I from a year ago and wonder "who were those people.."  How could we have let ourselves go so  much?  Did we stop caring? Did we become to busy?  What triggered it?  All I know is I never want to go back to being that couple that was living half a life. We can do more now then we ever could. We have a life that we can be proud of. So can you my friend. Anyone can accomplish anything they set their mind to.  I   know it is hard work. Believe me,  I know...but it is soo worth it. 
Thank you all of my faithful readers for all that you have done to show your support.  Your comments, your love, and your faithfulness never ceases to amaze me.  You are the reason why we have succeeded.  When I was ready to give up I would think of you and knew I could not let you down.  Please know you are all very special to me. As we go through this week, please keep my family in your prayers....we are all feeling mom's loss this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment